I am having the same issue; I have several typed pages and I need them all to have separate footers. NOT footnotes; I understand the difference. The problem I am having is with pagination. I need each page to have a page number
(footer) totally unrelated to the other pages ; for instance, one page needs to be p. 16, another p. 16a, and another p. 45, etc. I want these numbers to appear exactly where page numbers appear, because that's what they are. This is a unique situation; I
am making revisions to and replacing only certain pages of a large course packet because any and all electronic copies are gone (the most current Adobe cannot handle such a large document; days of trouble-shooting have already been expended). The new edits
cannot adjust the pagination of the document as a whole or the entire thing will require retyping. I have inserted page breaks at the end of each page; I can see them when I show paragraph marks. However, when I insert a footer to one page it is still uniform
to all pages. It is frustrating to me that there seems to be no function for totally independent pagination. Any help is much appreciated; I don't want to have to save each page as a separate document. Thank you!
Footers (aka running footers) are intended to be for multiple pages.
You can put a Text box with no border and an opaque background on the page (not in the footer) and move that to cover the footer. This will contribute to your existing mess for editing but may be what you need to do now. Long term, re-write the thing.
Header/Footer Settings Recap