My Format Painter in Excel 2010 has stopped working no matter how many times I click it

Anonymous
2012-03-14T00:50:50+00:00

I have been using Excel for a long time and I have never had problems with the Format Painter to copy formatting to rows. Today when I click on the button the cell would look like it had a selection box around it for a split second and then it would disappear instantly making it unable to paste formatting again.

Not sure if it is a related issue but when I copy "CTRL + X"  usually you would see a selection box around the cell that was "Cut" but the same thing happens here where it would deselect. It still lets me paste what I cut but the only thing is the original data is still there after I have pasted.  It also does not allow me to copy normally and paste formatting as it only gives me the options for "Unicode Text" and "Text".

Please someone help because I need this for work :(

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
HansV 462.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2012-04-14T11:09:08+00:00

Skype has released an updated version of the Click to Call browser add-on that should be free of the problem mentioned above.

If you want it, go to http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/click-to-call/windows/ and click Download Now.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-20T13:19:10+00:00

    Same issue ..

    Browser Details :-

     

    IE 8   8.0.7600.16385

    Chrome 17.0.963.79 M

    Firefox 8.0

     

    OS : Windows 7 Home Prem

    Sony OEM License

     

    Did you see the Skype related answer in the previous post?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T11:53:51+00:00

    Yup, I too deleted Skype 'click to call' from the list  of installed programs, clipboard now works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T22:40:55+00:00

    This fixed my problem. It may be certain sites in concert with which browser you use. I noticed when Firefox 11.0 was open I had this problem, but with IE open there was no problem. I had been working on the same spreadsheet for a month with no trouble and am sure I had Firefox open at times prior to this but maybe it wasn't 11.0, or maybe I wasn't on the same sites I was on today when the problem suddenly reared it's head. In any event, closing Firefox fixed the problem and re-opening it brought the problem back.

    Thanks for the help, I thought I was losing my mind! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-26T11:22:14+00:00

    How do you uninstall just the click to call?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments