My Format Painter in Excel 2010 has stopped working no matter how many times I click it

Anonymous
2012-03-14T00:50:50+00:00

I have been using Excel for a long time and I have never had problems with the Format Painter to copy formatting to rows. Today when I click on the button the cell would look like it had a selection box around it for a split second and then it would disappear instantly making it unable to paste formatting again.

Not sure if it is a related issue but when I copy "CTRL + X"  usually you would see a selection box around the cell that was "Cut" but the same thing happens here where it would deselect. It still lets me paste what I cut but the only thing is the original data is still there after I have pasted.  It also does not allow me to copy normally and paste formatting as it only gives me the options for "Unicode Text" and "Text".

Please someone help because I need this for work :(

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
HansV 462.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2012-04-14T11:09:08+00:00

Skype has released an updated version of the Click to Call browser add-on that should be free of the problem mentioned above.

If you want it, go to http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/click-to-call/windows/ and click Download Now.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-06-06T22:44:50+00:00

    I had problems with the format painter in Excel as described and other services in word (for example, copying from Word to yahoo with letters in different colors) and did what was suggested of deleting the SKYPE CLICK TO CALL without removing all the Skype, just this option, and problem disappeared immediately.

    Thanks for the advice and for sharing the knowledge and experiences. I saved a lot of time with this information.

    Eduardo Galindo

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-06-06T08:02:53+00:00

    thank you very much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-06-05T19:47:08+00:00

    Yes.

    The full fix is to go to the skype site to download (and install) the newest version of skype which was fixed more than a month ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-06-05T17:20:22+00:00

    Thanks for this solution!  I tried it and it worked for me.  Has Skype been notified that their add-in is hosing things up?!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments