Office 2013 crashes with Canon 8350 printer

Anonymous
2013-02-18T01:16:27+00:00

Hi  I posted a question about this a bit over a week ago, but i think i accidentally marked the thread as closed when i went to reply to one of the emails. So, I'm posting again in the hopes of getting some help.

Here's the original thread: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_365hp-word/canon-8350-printer-crashes-with-office-2013/5df6aff8-4c17-4481-8f40-31545d0cc2b0

Here's the situation: My Canon 8350 printer prints just fine with all programs except Office 2013. When I print from excel, word, etc., then the program crashes immediately.

This indicates that I've tried all of the standard things that have been recommended: changing printer driver, uninstalling and installing the driver, printing to a PDF and printing from there, creating a new user account, etc...

I am using Win8 on a Lenovo 220x. System works just fine otherwise... Canon lists this printer as being Win8 compatible.

Help?

Thank you,

Scott

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-01T14:44:35+00:00

Jiri Adamek provided the answer in another thread and I thought I'd share it here for others to see! I followed the instructions and it solved the problem. SO, it seems that the driver was at fault, and I apologize to Doug for my intransigence. I'm happy to have the problem solved!

Try to download drivers for the printer MF9280 which has newer version of build (v20.85). This drivers must be installed manually from the Control Panel. Do not use Canon setup file.

Please follow these steps: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti-lVcG52dU

After it's done, go back to printer Properties, Advanced tab and select right drivers for your printer.

With MF9280 drivers the printer will not work, but in my case old drivers for Canon have begun working. It seems that some component of old drivers was replaced with newer version during setup.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
2013-02-18T03:23:02+00:00

If you can print to the Adobe PDF printer or another PDF Printer such as PrimoPDF, then that definitely points to the issue being with the Canon printer driver.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-09T05:38:24+00:00

    I am using Canon MF8030cn and I have the exactly same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-27T09:17:46+00:00

    I followed the steps and it worked for me also. Likewise prior to this fix I was saving as PDF file then printing the PDF on my  Canon ImageClass8350Cdn. Whilst this worked it was inelegant. Thanks a million Jiri Adamek.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T14:55:17+00:00

    (see the end of the thread - it turns out you have to update to an incorrect driver - more recent - and then the original correct driver will also work. Thanks to Jiri Adamek for the solution!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments