arrows on vertical scroll bar in word 2013 are not working consistently

Anonymous
2013-03-17T17:45:24+00:00

Please help.  When using word 2013, the arrows on the vertical scroll bar on right of page are not working well.  They work a couple of times then seize up.  I use them when slowly reading through or altering a document and hate that they are not functioning properly!!  Can anyone please help?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-12T16:24:27+00:00

    So the same thing is still happening after almost a year?  I hate getting user complaints only to have an answer of "It's a bug that may or may not be fixed in a patch".  I'm running out of reasons to keep users upgraded to the "latest and greatest" applications. 

    ~Travis

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-18T17:13:50+00:00

    I have had 2 computers with Office 2013 and have experienced this same flaw. If the pointer remains over the down-arrow button for an extended period, such as when you are reviewing a long document, it freezes. I then have to move the pointer off the down-arrow then back over it for the down-arrow functionality to re-engage. I am hoping that Microsoft will develop a patch for this flaw. If there is another fix, please publish.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-17T18:59:10+00:00

    My vertical scroll is not working well in word, but now I also have trouble when browsing the net with Google Chrome.  The bottom scroll arrow has disappeared, and an internal scroll box did the same thing, so that I was unable to choose options from a menu...  Very strange!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2013-11-02T01:26:45+00:00

    Instead of using the arrows, I find it easier to click above or below the "thumb" or "elevator," which scrolls the document by one screen. Except at the very beginning or end of a document, there is usually enough space on the scroll bar to do this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-02T00:12:03+00:00

    Which is good to know, because I was thinking about installing Windows 7 to solve the problem, but maybe I would better off to uninstall Office 2013 and go back to the version of Office 2007 that I own, since that was designed to work on a PC.

    Sad to say, but lately all too often that has been my recommendation, to "UP"grade back to an older version that really is usable away from 2013 ...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments