A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
They are all at http://www.gmayor.com
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Dear Community,
I am currently using MS Word and it keeps on crashing.
I have noticed that in every instance when the MS Word 2007 restarts - the ribbon down the side will show four or five instances of one document.
I usually do not know which one to choose - one will have repairs - of which when I try and see the location of the repairs - I can not locate them.
The ribbon on the top of the screen advises me that I have Macro's - I understand this as I save most documents as Macro enabled as some of my documents have pictures etc in them.
I have ended up with a lot of documents with parts missing.
I also have MS Word creating Back up's - this is confusing me and I have more icons on my desktop. When word crashes - most of my information has disappeared.
I have attached a link so you can see what it looks like -
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=7A797BF1CB645296!347
I am only new to MS Word 2007 - so I do not want to loose any data - yet I also want MS Word 2007 to work and not crash when mainly working on large documents.
Thank you Community
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
They are all at http://www.gmayor.com
Dear Graham,
I know that it has been quite a while.
A long time. All has been running well. I suppose being ill has it's good points.
I also have the chance of looking for crashed documents y unhiding the folders and files and going into Users/ Melissa&Grant/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/Word and now I have two instances of word happening. This did not assist as just recently I left documents open again whilst Windows did an Update - I have altered the settings to the correct ones.
Could you please advise - what you would have the Tools Options go to and how to change the options for a printer - After the crash/update the settings have gone back to OneNote again.
Thank you