How to scan Documents in MS Office 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-27T07:01:24+00:00

I have Win 7 64 bit OS and I have Installed MS Office 2013.I want this option (Insert Picture From Scanner and Camera)  in MS Ofiice word 2013.

Because i am faceing problem to scan documents From Network Printer.I have canon IR3225 Network Printer and i have installed canon network scan gear and i have also add printer addres in scan gear. but this option not showing in ms office word 2013. How can scan documents from network printer. So please help me.....

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-13T06:34:00+00:00

FWIW I have updated my web page Scan into Word, mentioned earlier in this old thread, to include scanning into Word 2013. Alternative coding is included for Excel and Outlook.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-23T21:17:29+00:00
    • I attempted to use this updated macro.  However, it did not work as I am running the 64 bit versions and some correction needs to be applied.  Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-11-24T06:13:51+00:00

    I am not sure if it will work with the 64 bit versions of Office. The normal recommendation is not to use the 64 bit version except for users of very large Excel worksheets that can take advantage of it. It has no benefit to Word users, and produces all kinds of compatibility issues ... such as this. However try changing the declaration section at the top of the module as follows. If it works let me know and I will modify the code on the web site.

    Option Explicit

    #If VBA7 Then

        Public Declare PtrSafe Function SHGetSpecialFolderLocation _

                             Lib "shell32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _

                                            ByVal nFolder As Long, ppidl As Long) As Long

        Public Declare PtrSafe Function SHGetPathFromIDList _

                             Lib "shell32" Alias "SHGetPathFromIDListA" _

                                 (ByVal pidl As Long, ByVal pszPath As String) As Long

        Public Declare PtrSafe Sub CoTaskMemFree Lib "ole32" (ByVal pvoid As Long)

    #Else

        Public Declare Function SHGetSpecialFolderLocation _

                             Lib "shell32" (ByVal hwnd As Long, _

                                            ByVal nFolder As Long, ppidl As Long) As Long

        Public Declare Function SHGetPathFromIDList _

                             Lib "shell32" Alias "SHGetPathFromIDListA" _

                                 (ByVal pidl As Long, ByVal pszPath As String) As Long

        Public Declare Sub CoTaskMemFree Lib "ole32" (ByVal pvoid As Long)

    #End If

    Public Const CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA = &H1C        '<user name>\Local Settings\Application Data

    Public Const MAX_PATH = 260

    Public Const NOERROR = 0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-23T14:29:01+00:00

    I saw you link

    but, it was not helpful

    according to your first question, you want use word 2013 to scan paper or images from your  canon IR3225 Network Printer!!

    I have same company printer with model IR2520 ,and use their software "Color Network ScanGear "

    when I follow your link , it shows to me other Scan programs, like HP ,Epson ,, but not Color Network Scangera,,  I discover that your way looking in "Image devices"  in "Device Manager"!!

    is there any way to use this software ?,

    and how I put it in Ribbon of MS-Word?

    thanks for help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments