How to scan Documents in MS Office 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-27T07:01:24+00:00

I have Win 7 64 bit OS and I have Installed MS Office 2013.I want this option (Insert Picture From Scanner and Camera)  in MS Ofiice word 2013.

Because i am faceing problem to scan documents From Network Printer.I have canon IR3225 Network Printer and i have installed canon network scan gear and i have also add printer addres in scan gear. but this option not showing in ms office word 2013. How can scan documents from network printer. So please help me.....

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-13T06:34:00+00:00

FWIW I have updated my web page Scan into Word, mentioned earlier in this old thread, to include scanning into Word 2013. Alternative coding is included for Excel and Outlook.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T01:36:23+00:00

    Unfortunately everything that has been suggested in this original thread here since page one is suggesting that there is no way to scan a document directly from Microsoft Word 2013 which is what we are trying to do here. In that case I will just go directly into photoshop and scan the documents I need since I am not looking to download any software and since I was just looking for how to do this directly with word which I can see can't be done. But Photoshop works for me hopefully you all find a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-31T09:59:01+00:00

    This should work in most versions 64 or 32 bit

    Add reference to Microsoft Windows Image Acquisition x2.0

    Sub Scan()

      Dim objCommonDialog As WIA.CommonDialog

      Dim objImage As WIA.ImageFile

      Dim strScanName As String

      ' instantiate Scan WIA objects

      Set objCommonDialog = New WIA.CommonDialog

      Set objImage = objCommonDialog.ShowAcquireImage

      strScanName = Environ$("TEMP") & "\Scan.jpg" ' set temporary file

      If Not objImage Is Nothing Then

        If Dir(strScanName) <> "" Then Kill strScanName

        objImage.SaveFile strScanName 'save into temp file

        DoEvents

         'Word

       Selection.InlineShapes.AddPicture strScanName ' insert in doc  objImage = Nothing

        End If

    End Sub

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-16T13:38:05+00:00

    Fax and Scan may be able to scan documents, but it will not do what this thread is about, which is to scan directly into Word.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments