How to scan Documents in MS Office 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-27T07:01:24+00:00

I have Win 7 64 bit OS and I have Installed MS Office 2013.I want this option (Insert Picture From Scanner and Camera)  in MS Ofiice word 2013.

Because i am faceing problem to scan documents From Network Printer.I have canon IR3225 Network Printer and i have installed canon network scan gear and i have also add printer addres in scan gear. but this option not showing in ms office word 2013. How can scan documents from network printer. So please help me.....

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-13T06:34:00+00:00

FWIW I have updated my web page Scan into Word, mentioned earlier in this old thread, to include scanning into Word 2013. Alternative coding is included for Excel and Outlook.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-18T07:56:23+00:00

    Jay

    Thanks for that feedback. I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

    A $500.00 pice of software and I cant scan into it on a insert command I gess free open office is a better product shame on you Microsoft and office user since dos word I think I need to rethink my drink

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-02-28T09:04:14+00:00

    Jay

    Thanks for that feedback. I suppose we should be thankful for small mercies.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jay Freedman 208.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2013-02-27T16:57:45+00:00

    Graham,

    The WordBasic object is still available in 2013, but the InsertImagerScan method was deimplemented. I filed a bug about this in the beta, and it was closed as By Design.

    There is still a Scanned Image button on the Insert tab in OneNote 2013, and you could copy the scan from there to Word. As far as I know, that's the only way to scan directly into any Office 2013 document. You might as well use the scanner's native software to scan to a graphics file and then use Insert Picture. Bleh.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments