How to scan Documents in MS Office 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-27T07:01:24+00:00

I have Win 7 64 bit OS and I have Installed MS Office 2013.I want this option (Insert Picture From Scanner and Camera)  in MS Ofiice word 2013.

Because i am faceing problem to scan documents From Network Printer.I have canon IR3225 Network Printer and i have installed canon network scan gear and i have also add printer addres in scan gear. but this option not showing in ms office word 2013. How can scan documents from network printer. So please help me.....

Thanks.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-13T06:34:00+00:00

FWIW I have updated my web page Scan into Word, mentioned earlier in this old thread, to include scanning into Word 2013. Alternative coding is included for Excel and Outlook.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T20:10:11+00:00

    The other option you may want to think about since you're on a Win 7 platform would be to create a virtual machine (using XP Mode) and install a copy of Office 2007 on that machine (if you still have a copy of Office 2007 laying around along with the necessary license). I think Office 2007 was the last version that had the menu option to scan a document into Word on the Microsoft Office Tools menu. I've done this on one of my systems using a networked HP All-in-One device and it works just fine. (I did have to install the HP All-in-One on the VM as well, using the starter CD that came with the device; it included the drivers for XP and Vista.)

    When I need to scan a document into Word so I can edit it, I just fire up the VM and use the Microsoft Office Document Scanning menu option under the Microsoft Office Tools menu to scan the document; I could just as easily use the Microsoft Office Document Imaging menu selection if all I want is a graphic image. Once I scan the document and send it to Word 2003 (which automatically performs the OCR so it is seen as text by Word), I save it as a .doc document and store it in the Public Documents folder on the host system. At that point, I can open it in Word 2013 on the host system and the mission is accomplished. It's not exactly an elegant solution and it took me a little time to set up the VM (and of course you need the copy of Office 2003), but it's fairly simple at that point. I don't know I would want to do it for more than a couple of workstations, but it worked for me. If it helps anyone else, that's great.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-11T15:56:04+00:00

    I used one note 2013 and it works the same as Clip Organizer did in Office 2010.  Which was also a mind numbing process to find out that was where to do scanning in office 2010.  Not sure why the Microsoft Idiot Savants writing the codes for this stuff can't leave well enough alone.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-12T20:58:54+00:00

    I have found that "Scanner Addin for Office" by Simpler Software works well for us.

    You can learn more here - https://www.scanintooffice.com/Features/OneClickScanning.aspx

    Many times we need to scan a "Cocktail Note" into an Outlook 2013 Appointment and it's really convenient to simply go to 'Insert / Image From Scanner' (Located on the 'ribbon').  You won't have as much control adjusting the image as you would using your scanner's software, but sometimes Great Artwork is not what is needed. This software also adds the scanning function to Word 2013 and Excel 2013.

    Hope this helps,

    Eric

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments