Problem inserting PDF file printout in OneNote?

Anonymous
2013-01-16T13:32:50+00:00

I need to insert a PDF file printout into OneNote, but when I try I get the following error message:

The file you have selected cannot be inserted as a Printout. There may be a problem with the file, or you may not have the right program installed. You must first install a program that can open and print this file type, and then try again.


I've read through some of the other topics in the forums discussing this same problem, but I have no idea how to fix it. If someone could a) figure out what the problem is, and b) walk me though the steps of fixing it.. it would be greatly appreciated!!

I have no problems inserting the other sort of file I've tried inserting as a printout: powerpoint.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2014-06-08T12:32:00+00:00

I had the same problem from earlier this year (2014) and just upgraded to OFFICE365 and now it all works fine. Must have been a glitch with the 2010 version as it was working for ages and then stopped working earlier this year.

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-05T19:04:42+00:00

    Hi.  I have one note 2016. PDF associated with  A.A.R. Still doesn't work .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-18T23:25:35+00:00

    But I can right click on a pdf file and click print and it will do it just fine.  It only doesn't work when trying to insert a printout in OneNote.  I have Office 2013 with Windows 7.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-19T21:46:22+00:00

    Finally, quite a few headaches later, Here is my new try : Windows 10 + One note 2013, Microsoft office Pro plus 2013: I have got my easy and happyprint in One note.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-28T13:21:16+00:00

    I cant print out from my computer.. Please help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments