Insert date and time in Word

Anonymous
2012-12-03T03:18:02+00:00

In Region and Language when I set the date as follows:  dddd, MMMM d, yyyy   It shows this way:  ‎Sunday, ‎December ‎2, ‎2012  Yet when I use the insert date and time in Word it comes out:  Sunday, December 02, 2012   Until this latest Windows or Vista I never had this problem. Any ideas?

I use Windows 7, Microsoft Word 2007.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2012-12-06T13:49:41+00:00

    What I was suggesting was that you edit the "Applies to" information. Based on your edits to the question body, I have done so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2012-12-06T13:46:58+00:00

    But you can modify the long date format using Additional Settings... as I described.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2012-12-06T07:22:59+00:00

    Hi Greg,

    Yes, the same here.  The English (U.S.) format does appear to follow that set in the Control Panel.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-06T04:20:00+00:00

    Doug,

    If I set my long date format to DDDD, MMMM dd yyyy in Region & Language Settings, then Word shows Wednesday, December 05 2012 in the Insert Date & Time dialog.

    If I set my long date format to DDDD, MMMM d yyyy in Region & Language Settings, then Word shows Wednesday, December 5 2012 in the Insert Date & Time dialog.

    That works as I expect it would with US English selected as the language.  For me at least, it appears the long date format in Date & Time dialog is dependent on region settings long date format.

    I don't have a clue why the OPs doesn't work that way as well.  Maybe like you, the northpaw has multiple languages involved.

    I'm curious to see what the result of the macro is.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2012-12-06T04:03:33+00:00

    The code in the UpdateAllFields routine on Greg's website is just being used as an example.

    What you need to do is copy the

    Sub DateLongStamp()

    'Inserts current date

    Selection.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="dddd, MMMM d, yyyy", InsertAsField:=False

    End Sub

    and paste it into the Visual Basic Editor.

    See the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers to help me out?” at:

    http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/CreateAMacro.htm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments