Insert date and time in Word

Anonymous
2012-12-03T03:18:02+00:00

In Region and Language when I set the date as follows:  dddd, MMMM d, yyyy   It shows this way:  ‎Sunday, ‎December ‎2, ‎2012  Yet when I use the insert date and time in Word it comes out:  Sunday, December 02, 2012   Until this latest Windows or Vista I never had this problem. Any ideas?

I use Windows 7, Microsoft Word 2007.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-04T18:23:52+00:00

    What happens if you employ and excute this:

    Sub DateLongStamp()

    'Inserts current date

    Selection.InsertDateTime DateTimeFormat:="dddd, MMMM d, yyyy", InsertAsField:=False

    End Sub

    See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/word_tip_pages/installing_employing_macros.html for instructions to employ the VBA code provided above.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-04T18:09:36+00:00

    Date & Time is on the Insert tab of the ribbon in Word 2007 and 2010.

    Note that you can't post attachments here. You will have to upload a picture to SkyDrive and then post a link here.

    Okay, that explains it (the print screen not showing up in my responses), the insert date and time is exactly what my icon represents.

    It shows (today): Tuesday, December 04, 2012, when what I need is: Tuesday, December 4, 2012.  And once again, I have always been directed to Region and Language in control panel to correct such anomalies.  There is no way to change the date format in Word unless there is and I heretofore have been blissfully unaware.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2012-12-04T07:25:17+00:00

    Date & Time is on the Insert tab of the ribbon in Word 2007 and 2010.

    Note that you can't post attachments here. You will have to upload a picture to SkyDrive and then post a link here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-04T06:50:22+00:00

    In Word 97-2003 - Insert>Date and Time... then select the desired formatting switch and click on the Default button.

    In later versions, Insert>Date & Time then select the desired formatting switch and click on the Default button.

    Where is the Insert> Date & Time?  I am using Word 2007 and have no idea where to find this other than in the icon I print screened and sent to you.  Did that not come through?  See I've been using word for about 16 years now and always, always the change was done in the Region and Language section located in Control Panel.  I did fix it and it confirmed that it was fixed but it will not, will not stick!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2012-12-04T04:03:10+00:00

    In Word 97-2003 - Insert>Date and Time... then select the desired formatting switch and click on the Default button.

    In later versions, Insert>Date & Time then select the desired formatting switch and click on the Default button.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments