A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
this is not a fix that works
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
In order to open up files in excel 2013 (csv, xlsx, or xls) i must open them directly from within Excel. If I double click a file from Windows Explorer, Excel opens up but does not open the file. No errors. Just a **** excel instance. It looks like I just opened up the application from my start screen.
Other Office 2013 applications work as expected. I.e, I can open up a docx from Windows Explorer just fine.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
this is not a fix that works
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
Worked for me.
This solution worked for me. I made sure all Office apps were closed before reinstalling. Afterward everything worked.
Here too. I have tried several of the solutions recommended online to no avail. Quite strange there is not more momentum/frustration out there about this issue...