Powerpoint 2013 unstable

Anonymous
2013-04-05T11:20:57+00:00

When I add another chart onto the powerpoint slide after I try to save it comes up with the message we can't save because the file is read-only (it's not) and it tells me to save it under a different name or to a different place. However, when i try to save it under a different name/different place i get the error message we're sorry, something went wrong that might make powerpoint unstable. Please save your presentation and restart powerpoint. I can't save the presentation because of the previous problem.

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-12T12:41:21+00:00

    Good eye.

    Yes it would help if you could post an example. Include a couple of good, unaffected slides and at least a couple affected slides. Include some comments pointing out how to find the dots and and tip you found to "fix" them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-16T13:14:57+00:00

    I just had this problem for the first time and lost two hours work. It's been months, why hasn't this been fixed in a patch?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-16T13:47:03+00:00

    I just had this problem for the first time and lost two hours work. It's been months, why hasn't this been fixed in a patch?

    Why not? Short answers:

    • it has not been reported affecting enough people (BIG companies)
    • MS has not been able to recreate it because there are no example files provided
    • enough time has not passed since they started working on a fix to implement it.

    Bottom line, MS has decided that other problems have higher priority.  Sorry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-09-26T11:24:40+00:00

    I have a couple of files I could send MS.

    I am about to remove PowerPoint 2013 and install the 2010 version. Hope it words going the 'wrong' way - from new to old.

    I am tired of seeing the "can't FIND" message when I try to SAVE, and of losing diagrams in slides.

    best wishes

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-10-20T20:12:58+00:00

    I'm with you.  Not only PowerPoint is a problem.  Excel 2013's filter function is not working (at least not easily).  Outlook 2013 - about every week or so - won't let me delete an e-mail but makes me do a repair of my PST file.   Very bad job by Microsoft.  Plus I have Office 365 and the site support is abysmal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments