Does visio 2013 have a WBS Modeler add-in?

Anonymous
2013-04-30T18:20:25+00:00

I have Visio 2013 Pro and Project 2010 Pro and am attempting to create a WBS diagram. I have found results for a Visio 2010 WBS modeler add-in but can not find anything for Visio 2013.

As such how would one create a WBS diagram in Visio 2013?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-22T12:42:39+00:00

Villiam, Use the 32 bit WBS modeler to run on your machine. I faced the same issue using the 64 bit install, but the 32 bit version works well on 64 bit Visio. Let me know how it goes.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-11-04T02:54:39+00:00

    Hi Noud,

    I just want to close this out. This is what Microsoft said officially:

    Hi Partner,

    Thanks for getting back, and yes I’m absolutely using the Visio Pro 2013 both X64 and X86 to test and as I said in my last reply, it is not supported in Visio 2013, neither X64 nor X86. The WBS Modeler 1.0 is the one that you downloaded and it is only compatible with Visio Professional 2010 or Visio Premium 2010 • Microsoft Office Project 2003 Service Pack (SP) 1 or later • Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 like Visio 2007. WBS Modeler only supported in Visio 2007.

    We are sorry for the inconvenience we have brought because of the incompatibility. Your kindly understanding is much appreciated.

    Should there’s any concern, please feel free to tell us as usual.

    Best Regards,

    Mona Li

    Microsoft Partner Support Community Technical Support Engineer

    Microsoft Global Partner Services

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-11-04T08:34:53+00:00

    ResidenX10,

    When I try to install WBS Modeler (x64) system gives me an error: "Setup cannot continue because Visio Add-in for WBS Modeler requires that Visio 2010 Professional or greater be installed. Please install Visio and run setup again."

    Please advise.

    Kind regards

    Eugeny

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-11-04T17:05:47+00:00

    Do you have Visio Professional 2010 installed?

    http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26229 

    Also, this link above references the user/installation guide for the WBS Modelers. Select download to access it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-11-05T20:19:13+00:00

    I have Visio 2013 Pro x32 installed on Win8 x64.

    I tried to install both "WBS Modeler add-in for Visio 2010" x32 and x64.

    • x64 gives an error I provided above
    • x32 was installed OK, however does not allow me to add child elements

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments