Does visio 2013 have a WBS Modeler add-in?

Anonymous
2013-04-30T18:20:25+00:00

I have Visio 2013 Pro and Project 2010 Pro and am attempting to create a WBS diagram. I have found results for a Visio 2010 WBS modeler add-in but can not find anything for Visio 2013.

As such how would one create a WBS diagram in Visio 2013?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-22T12:42:39+00:00

Villiam, Use the 32 bit WBS modeler to run on your machine. I faced the same issue using the 64 bit install, but the 32 bit version works well on 64 bit Visio. Let me know how it goes.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-15T14:23:38+00:00

    This solution allowed me to get to a template with a shape element for the WBS Addin. But I do not see the WBS addin tab that provides access to the WBS Addin's functionality. An example of the functionality that I expected to find is shown at this web address:

    https://ntrajkovski.com/2012/03/12/how-to-get-wbs-work-breakdown-structure-from-ms-project-2010-to-ms-visio-2010/

    The author of that page shows how to import an mpp file into a WBS Modeler templated Visio document using the WBS Modeler tab. But I just have the tabs File, Home, Insert, Data, Process, Review, View. The add-in also does not appear in the list of Addins under Options.

    I do not think this solution works for x64 Visio 2013 apart from offering a shape.

    I am using x64 Visio 2013 Professional and x64 Project 2013 Professional.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-12-09T04:38:21+00:00

    Hi - Where to find 32 bit version ? Can you send me a link? I have downloaded the version in Microsoft and no luck. I have Vision standard 2013 and MS Project professional 2013 

    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-09T04:42:01+00:00

    I agree - I have same problem

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-09T18:42:55+00:00

    Hi,

    MDAC required:(

    I copy adodb.dll

    from C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft.NET\Primary Interop Assemblies\adodb.dll

    to C:\Program Files (x86)\Visio Add-In for WBS Modeler

    run WBSModeler.vsto again

    It´s working fine:)

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments