Does visio 2013 have a WBS Modeler add-in?

Anonymous
2013-04-30T18:20:25+00:00

I have Visio 2013 Pro and Project 2010 Pro and am attempting to create a WBS diagram. I have found results for a Visio 2010 WBS modeler add-in but can not find anything for Visio 2013.

As such how would one create a WBS diagram in Visio 2013?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-11-22T12:42:39+00:00

Villiam, Use the 32 bit WBS modeler to run on your machine. I faced the same issue using the 64 bit install, but the 32 bit version works well on 64 bit Visio. Let me know how it goes.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

44 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-21T09:22:07+00:00

    Hi Villian, 

    The Visio 2010 WBS modeler add-in still works for Visio 2013 Pro. After you have installed that add-in, you can find that template under the Categories->Addins folder->WBS Addin.

    Please do let us know if you face specific issues in using this add-in in Visio 2013.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Sanjay Bhat

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-30T21:39:51+00:00

    Unfortunately (even though the original appears to have been agnostic), the WBS that MS has released is tightly coupled between the Visio version and the Project version (i.e. v2010 and p2010).

    al

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-30T20:38:05+00:00

    Given MS's history of how they have released WBS (and your current version of Project), I'd stick with what you have (unless you want to upgrade to p2013).

    al

     

    Well given that with my current configuration I appear to be unable to produce a WBS diagram (something I am being asked for) I am not sure sticking with what I have will exactly work. :)

    Upgrading project is an option, if it is the only one. If there is another way to create a WBS diagram from either Project or within Visio (given my current setup) I would welcome those suggestions as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-30T20:27:43+00:00

    Given MS's history of how they have released WBS (and your current version of Project), I'd stick with what you have (unless you want to upgrade to p2013).

    al

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments