A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Worked for me. Hope they fix it soon.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
There's a document that's used by some people in the office and whenever they try to enter data into it the cell turns black while they're doing it and they can't see what they've typed until they click off it. These documents are something to do with Sage and not something they've created and if they make a new sheet within them they can edit cells without issue. I'm sure it's just some setting somewhere but could someone please enlighten me as to what it might be?
Thanks
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Worked for me. Hope they fix it soon.
I have updated Office 365 and had fixed the issue
I have noticed that this only occurs in "page layout" view. Your "normal" view and page break view seem as usual. All seem to print appropriately. Something is wrong though, as when I try to format cells, the dialog box on the fill tab says, Background color; no color. Though it will show a sample. Even when I select a color. The pattern color is "automatic" (black). If you change the pattern color to the background color you want or to white, it seems to function. They need to correct this. This IS an excel issue and not an operator issue.
I hope this helps... (I spent way too much time trying to work this out!!)
Have you updated to the latest build?
I was having the same problem also. I went into Add/Remove programs, selected Microsoft 2016 and repaired it "online". I had tried the quick repair first but it did not work. After I selected the repair online option it worked. No more black outs on my documents. So far so good.