A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
This changes nothing. I've tried all the above "fixes", and no matter what it still puts all colors in as black.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi,
There's a document that's used by some people in the office and whenever they try to enter data into it the cell turns black while they're doing it and they can't see what they've typed until they click off it. These documents are something to do with Sage and not something they've created and if they make a new sheet within them they can edit cells without issue. I'm sure it's just some setting somewhere but could someone please enlighten me as to what it might be?
Thanks
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
This changes nothing. I've tried all the above "fixes", and no matter what it still puts all colors in as black.
Microsoft has an update on this issue (that is not available for download) here:
but IT DOES NOT WORK!!!! (you can not download it)
On affected user PC I tried to install office update to version Version 1708 (Build 8431.2094) - but it tells me that I am on the newest version available ( the users is on Version 1708 (Build 8431.2079)
I assume that the fix does not work and they pulled it off their site.
I am seeing the same thing. Trying to update to 8431.2094 but its not posted yet. The latest is still 8431.2079
How to Sort Graphics Cell Bug in Excel 2016
Turn off hardware Acceleration
Files > Options > Advanced > Display > Untick Hardware Acceleration> Save
I am seeing the same thing. Trying to update to 84.31.2094 but its not posted yet. The latest is still 8431.2079
I tried to force update on a few of my PCs and it won't grab the 2094 build yet either.
Clif