Excel cell turns black whilst entering data

Anonymous
2013-01-15T11:11:35+00:00

Hi,

There's a document that's used by some people in the office and whenever they try to enter data into it the cell turns black while they're doing it and they can't see what they've typed until they click off it. These documents are something to do with Sage and not something they've created and if they make a new sheet within them they can edit cells without issue. I'm sure it's just some setting somewhere but could someone please enlighten me as to what it might be?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T14:01:05+00:00

    I think this is an update bug. I'm having issues with Excel (exactly as this thread is describing) as well as saving issues (I HATE this new autosave function) plus issues with freezing in Word.

    Please sort this out Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T15:11:37+00:00

    I'm also having this same problem.  Just started today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T17:06:41+00:00

    I am having the same problem it started yesterday. I experience it when trying to highlight a cell and with the Autosum.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T18:36:32+00:00

    OK, here's a work-around.    change your view from page layout to normal.

    Was this answer helpful?

    90+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T18:46:35+00:00

    Thanks, that works, hope they fix it and it's temporary.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments