Excel cell turns black whilst entering data

Anonymous
2013-01-15T11:11:35+00:00

Hi,

There's a document that's used by some people in the office and whenever they try to enter data into it the cell turns black while they're doing it and they can't see what they've typed until they click off it. These documents are something to do with Sage and not something they've created and if they make a new sheet within them they can edit cells without issue. I'm sure it's just some setting somewhere but could someone please enlighten me as to what it might be?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T15:11:37+00:00

    I'm also having this same problem.  Just started today.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T14:01:05+00:00

    I think this is an update bug. I'm having issues with Excel (exactly as this thread is describing) as well as saving issues (I HATE this new autosave function) plus issues with freezing in Word.

    Please sort this out Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T13:44:37+00:00

    Ours started doing the same thing yesterday. At first I thought it was something with just my computer, but now others are having the same issue. Not sure what is going on, but I do know its getting pretty annoying. 

    *UPDATE* I called to check with our IT guy and we tested it using different versions of Excel. Excel 2016 is having this problem on most every excel document, however when the same document is opened using Excel 2013 there is no issues at all. Looks like this is only affecting Excel 2016.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-09-29T11:58:20+00:00

    Yes just noticed this same problem on both our computers in the office today. Maybe going to try undoing the last update

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-09-28T22:07:56+00:00

    I just started having this problem today also.  Not sure why.  Maybe an update bug?

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments