Excel cell turns black whilst entering data

Anonymous
2013-01-15T11:11:35+00:00

Hi,

There's a document that's used by some people in the office and whenever they try to enter data into it the cell turns black while they're doing it and they can't see what they've typed until they click off it. These documents are something to do with Sage and not something they've created and if they make a new sheet within them they can edit cells without issue. I'm sure it's just some setting somewhere but could someone please enlighten me as to what it might be?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-03T10:55:26+00:00

    Released: October 2, 2017 Version 1708 (Build 8431.2094) Part of the release notes mention:

    'Fix an issue where the pattern style of a cell doesn’t render correctly after adding a header or footer in Page Layout view.'

    I am about to install and test.

    EDIT: the Office 2016 Deployment Tool is still downloading Version 16.0.8431.2079.  I will try again later today or tomorrow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-02T17:28:02+00:00

    The update isn't even posted as of today on the update channel release website.

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mt465751

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-02T16:18:59+00:00

    I am seeing the same thing. Trying to update to 84.31.2094 but its not posted yet. The latest is still 8431.2079

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mt465751

    I tried to force update on a few of my PCs and it won't grab the 2094 build yet either.

    Clif

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-02T16:09:34+00:00

    How to Sort Graphics Cell Bug in Excel 2016

    Turn off hardware Acceleration

    Files > Options > Advanced > Display > Untick Hardware Acceleration> Save

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-02T14:58:38+00:00

    I am seeing the same thing. Trying to update to 8431.2094 but its not posted yet. The latest is still 8431.2079

    https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/office/mt465751

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments