Excel cell turns black whilst entering data

Anonymous
2013-01-15T11:11:35+00:00

Hi,

There's a document that's used by some people in the office and whenever they try to enter data into it the cell turns black while they're doing it and they can't see what they've typed until they click off it. These documents are something to do with Sage and not something they've created and if they make a new sheet within them they can edit cells without issue. I'm sure it's just some setting somewhere but could someone please enlighten me as to what it might be?

Thanks

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-04T12:52:46+00:00

    If you do a rollback

    OfficeC2RClient.exe /update user updatetoversion=16.0.8326.2058

    That fixes the issue sort of.   Be sure to turn off automatic updates for office.

    The new update does not apply automatically when checking for updates.   I would imagine that MS is staging the update.

    I also couldn't find a place to manually download the update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-04T10:15:36+00:00

    Released: October 2, 2017 Version 1708 (Build8431.2094) Part of the release notes mention:

    'Fix an issue where the pattern style of a cell doesn’t render correctly after adding a header or footer in Page Layout view.'

    I am about to install and test.

    EDIT: the Office 2016 Deployment Tool is still downloading Version 16.0.8431.2079. I will try again later today or tomorrow.

    Its a day later and I still can't download 8431.2094 from the 2016 Deployment Tool.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-10-04T08:07:53+00:00

    Thank you very much. It works even though I lost the header. Hope that  inconvenience will get fixed soon

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-10-03T11:34:56+00:00

    HELP!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-10-03T11:33:48+00:00

    How do you do that?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments