A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Ignore that - I found that a few rows were hidden!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have an Excel formula issue in the formula not resulting in the correct sum, but it is not a rounding error; rather it is off by an entire cell amount. As an example, I was adding eight cells with the value of $3,001.53 which should have resulted in a total of $24,012.24, but instead I got $21,010.71 (off by one cell value). I triple-checked to make sure that the formula included all cell addresses I was trying to add, which it did. I tried deleting the formula and doing it over again, saving the spread sheet as different versions of Excel, putting the formula in a different cell location, all to no avail. There were other similar errors in the spread sheet. FYI, I am not adding concecutive cells, rather, selecting certain cells using Ctrl, left click.
I'm using Excel 2010 Version 14.1.6129.5000 (32-bit).
Please advise.
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Ignore that - I found that a few rows were hidden!
So it seems just incredible that a product this mature cannot even add up basic numbers. I have a spreadsheet that the some command takes any number of positive integers...or dollar amounts and adds them all up to "0" Just cannot imagine how flawed a product could possibly be...beyond continuing to crash regularly over a decade after it came out. How useful is a spreadsheet that cannot add up numbers?
In my experience any numbers that add up to 0 are those that have been formatted as Text in most cases.
Gord
@zardoz2525, check on the bottom left of the status bar to see if you have a circular reference. Your sheet will not calculate as you would expect until you fix that, however you choose to.
I had this problem too. Go to Options menu under the File Tab.
Under Excel options there should be one that says Formulas and under that/beside that Calculation Options and Workbook Calculation. Make sure Automatic is checked.