remove password from excel 2013

Anonymous
2013-04-14T04:04:59+00:00

I want to remove the password that I have been using with some of my Excel 2013 workbooks.

I tried the suggestions from your website but with no avail.

Every time that I open an Excel 2013 workbook I am asked for a password.

What should I  do.

Charles Brown 799

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-10-14T17:42:30+00:00

Here is what worked for me (thanks to a reply from a forum person who gave me Excel 2010 instructions. Excel 2013 is a bit different, but I figured it out):

  1. Open the workbook and enter the password to open the file.
  2. Click the FILE tab and select INFO
  3. Click the dropdown arrow in the PROTECT WORKBOOK box.
  4. Click the ENCRYPT WITH PASSWORD option.
  5. A box will pop up with the password shown by dots (........). Clear the password dots.
  6. SAVE or SAVE AS the file and the password will be gone.

After that you should be able to open the file without entering a password.

JG

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-14T20:15:09+00:00

Removing passwords is not something ms policies permit.

Recreating the file would be a simpler option.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-25T11:52:59+00:00

    Dear Jim gray

    thanks for your help and time . It was very helpful this information 

    Regards

    MB

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-26T23:24:24+00:00

    Very helpful! thank you very much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-01-13T18:38:13+00:00

    Thanks so much.  So simple, yet so difficult!  Worked great!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments