A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
On the File tab, select Recent. At the bottom, click Recover Unsaved Documents. If your document is not listed there, then you're out of luck.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I opened another word document, it asked me whether I wished to keep the autorecovered file (which I'd forgotten about), and I accidentally said "no." Realizing I still want it, I found the document in my recycle bin and clicked "restore," but now I can't find it anywhere. Please help!
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
On the File tab, select Recent. At the bottom, click Recover Unsaved Documents. If your document is not listed there, then you're out of luck.
Do you remember the name of the file?
If yes, you may use the Windows search and check if you find the file in your computer.
Enable hidden files and folders using the link below before doing the search:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Show-hidden-files
For information related to Windows search you may refer to the link mentioned below:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/products/features/windows-search
I tried searching for *.asd file through the system search option but it did found nothing. That's strange because tehere are *.asd files on C: drive (just not these i'm looking for), but they didn't pop
up in searching...
You can search your C: drive for *.asd files.
If you find such a file, try opening it from within Word (via File | Open). If that fails, move the file into Word's folder for recovered files and then try again.