First Timer: Product Inventory Table

Anonymous
2013-04-03T18:19:00+00:00

Creating a Product Inventory database to keep track of all the promotional items my company has. So far I have three tables: Suppliers, Inventory, and Event. In my Inventory table I have the following columns (in order): Product ID, Product Name, Description, Logo, Color, Size, Total Quantity, Supplier, Event, and Storage. There are so many different styles of shirts that we have accumulated over the years that for every shirt style there are multiple sizes and sometimes multiple colors. So with that, I have choosen to add the size and/or color to the product name as well as in the size and color columns.

For example:

Men's Wicking Polo: Small                             S

Men's Wicking Polo: Medium                        M

Blue Crinkle Cut Paper                                           Blue

Purple Crinkle Cut Paper                                        Purple

Will this create a problem? I didn't know how else to set it up because it didn't think the database would recognize that five Crinkle Cut Papers are different colors (making it five individual products because of the colors), if the product name on all of them is the same.

One more: I tried to run some relationships like between the Suppliers table and the suppliers column under Inventory but it didn't work.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-07-08T17:54:31+00:00

    Sorry, i didn't know how to proceed.

    I understand, Thank you for your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-08T17:18:10+00:00

    Firstly, you should not piggy-back a post on an old thread, but post a new question and include a hyperlink to an earlier thread to which you wish to refer.

    While I do still have Ms Kelly's file on my system, to make it available to a third party without her permission would be improper.  Only if she were to post her permission here could I make the file available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-08T16:41:04+00:00

    Hello, I want to create a very similar database with this one. Please can you send me the MaryKelly.mdb database?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-11-20T18:03:19+00:00

    I've got to say a big thanks to you all for being so very helpful giving answers to the above post. I'm learning Access and really appreciate your explanations and samples.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-11-20T17:37:42+00:00

    Had to join up just to reply to your  excellent reply to the above: First Timer: Product Inventory Table.

    I've been trying to do the same , Well make a Product Inventory database. Spent hours and hours watching Youtube, Searching through Google, playing along with online tutorials and really getting nowhere. Your explanation just makes so much sense to me now. 

    I can now play along with Access on these dark cold nights over here in the UK, well on the North East Coast, England.   Downloaded your sample Inventory from your link and can now play around with it and hopefully get somewhere.

    Thanks once again for your help.

    Peter

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments