My word document shrunk in size. How do I get it back to a normal size?

Anonymous
2012-01-20T23:22:03+00:00

I have 2010 Word Starter. I was typing a document and must have hit a key (don't know which one) and my document shrunk in size. It is so small I really cannot read it. When I close it and reopen, it is still this small size. How do I get it back to a full page size so I can continue to work on it?  The document is 3 x 4 inches. whereas it started out as almost 7 x 9 inches on my computer screen.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-21T00:09:58+00:00

... I was typing a document and must have hit a key (don't know which one) and my document shrunk in size. It is so small I really cannot read it ...

Hover your mouse over the body of the document and then hold one of the Ctrl keys down while rotating the mouse wheel. This will adjust the zoom factor. A zoom slider should also be available in the lower right of the Word 2010 Starter application window.

Was this answer helpful?

800+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Jay Freedman 208.3K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2016-02-10T02:57:56+00:00

Use the Zoom slider in the bottom right corner

or the Zoom button on the View ribbon

Was this answer helpful?

500+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2018-03-07T19:08:18+00:00

    To increase the zoom, drag the Zoom slider at the bottom right of the Word window.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-08T04:03:04+00:00

    Thanks for directing me to the zoom slider for Word. It

    works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-14T00:13:46+00:00

    My zoom button on the view ribbon is saying this command disabled.  Can you help me, please

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments