MSN Money Stock Quotes Not Updating Quotes in Excel 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-24T03:14:27+00:00

I installed the MSN Money Stock Quotes add-in in Excel 2013 and it was working perfectly yesterday, but for some reason it has stopped updating quotes today.  The selection for "Update Quotes" from the add-in toolbar is not active.  However, the "Insert Stock Quotes" button is active and when I press it, I get the Stock Quotes dialog box.  It will insert the formula for the quotes in the spreadsheet, but it does not provide an up-to-date quote.  I would appreciate any help on this, as this add-in is a big time-saver for me.  I did notice that my software was automatically updated yesterday.  (I believe that it was a Windows update, but I am not 100% sure.)  I do not know whether this might have something to do with the change, since, as I said, the add-in was working yesteday.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-18T13:55:38+00:00

Did you ever get your MS Money to work?  I had the same problem just yesterday.  The "Update Quotes" tab wouldn't do anything, but the "Insert Stock Quotes" tab would.  I went ahead and re-inserted all the stock symbols by highlilighting my entire selection and everything updated and is working fine again.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-05-22T13:28:07+00:00

    Thanks RickSchumacher.  You may be correct about a 32-bit Excel add-in working in a 64-bit Office 2013 environment.  However, the add-in does work.  It just craps out regularly, which requires me to exit and restart Excel.  I have noticed that the add-in seems to fail to work whenever I add cells (e.g. insert rows or columns) that moves the existing cells with the MSNStockQuote formulas to a new position.  So, for example, if a have an MSNStockQuote formula in cell C10 and insert a new column in say, column B that pushes the cell with the MSNStockQuote formula to cell D10, the add-in stops working.  I get an error message saying that the add-in failed to retrieve stock quotes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-22T15:43:35+00:00

    I installed the MSN Money Stock Quotes add-in in Excel 2013 and it was working perfectly yesterday, but for some reason it has stopped updating quotes today.  The selection for "Update Quotes" from the add-in toolbar is not active.  However, the "Insert Stock Quotes" button is active and when I press it, I get the Stock Quotes dialog box.  It will insert the formula for the quotes in the spreadsheet, but it does not provide an up-to-date quote.  I would appreciate any help on this, as this add-in is a big time-saver for me.  I did notice that my software was automatically updated yesterday.  (I believe that it was a

    Windows update, but I am not 100% sure.)  I do not know whether this might have something to do with the change, since, as I said, the add-in was working yesteday.

    How do we get an answer from Microsoft. Are they going to fix this or not and how long before it will be fixed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-22T19:53:24+00:00

    The update problem started June 19, 2013 and seems to affect ALL versions of Excel.  Another forum mentioned that MSN changed something that day.  At any rate, THIS IS A SERIOUS PROBLEM THAT NEEDS TO BE FIXED ASAP!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-23T02:02:53+00:00

    I agree.  My MSN Stock Quotes now only does partial updates - two or three quotes in a list of 10 stocks and gives the #VALUE! error message for others.  It appears that either the upgrade to IE10 or a recent update to Windows 7 has triggered this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments