MSN Money Stock Quotes Not Updating Quotes in Excel 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-24T03:14:27+00:00

I installed the MSN Money Stock Quotes add-in in Excel 2013 and it was working perfectly yesterday, but for some reason it has stopped updating quotes today.  The selection for "Update Quotes" from the add-in toolbar is not active.  However, the "Insert Stock Quotes" button is active and when I press it, I get the Stock Quotes dialog box.  It will insert the formula for the quotes in the spreadsheet, but it does not provide an up-to-date quote.  I would appreciate any help on this, as this add-in is a big time-saver for me.  I did notice that my software was automatically updated yesterday.  (I believe that it was a Windows update, but I am not 100% sure.)  I do not know whether this might have something to do with the change, since, as I said, the add-in was working yesteday.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-18T13:55:38+00:00

Did you ever get your MS Money to work?  I had the same problem just yesterday.  The "Update Quotes" tab wouldn't do anything, but the "Insert Stock Quotes" tab would.  I went ahead and re-inserted all the stock symbols by highlilighting my entire selection and everything updated and is working fine again.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-24T03:22:53+00:00

    Re entered all of the codes and they still do not show the gains or losses in green and red like before.

    Brian,

    The only way I can get gains to be shown in green and losses in red is to use conditional formatting on the cell(s) in question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-24T14:20:09+00:00

    Thank you very much.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-08-24T11:08:17+00:00

    To manually update all stock quotes in the workbook:  Data / Connections / Refresh / Refresh All.  Information in this link:  Refresh data from a Microsoft Query, the Data Connection Wizard, or Web query

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments