MSN Money Stock Quotes Not Updating Quotes in Excel 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-24T03:14:27+00:00

I installed the MSN Money Stock Quotes add-in in Excel 2013 and it was working perfectly yesterday, but for some reason it has stopped updating quotes today.  The selection for "Update Quotes" from the add-in toolbar is not active.  However, the "Insert Stock Quotes" button is active and when I press it, I get the Stock Quotes dialog box.  It will insert the formula for the quotes in the spreadsheet, but it does not provide an up-to-date quote.  I would appreciate any help on this, as this add-in is a big time-saver for me.  I did notice that my software was automatically updated yesterday.  (I believe that it was a Windows update, but I am not 100% sure.)  I do not know whether this might have something to do with the change, since, as I said, the add-in was working yesteday.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-18T13:55:38+00:00

Did you ever get your MS Money to work?  I had the same problem just yesterday.  The "Update Quotes" tab wouldn't do anything, but the "Insert Stock Quotes" tab would.  I went ahead and re-inserted all the stock symbols by highlilighting my entire selection and everything updated and is working fine again.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-23T18:59:50+00:00

    This is a 64-bit Excel issue.  Not sure if you can get 32-bit Excel to work in an Office 2013 environment (I doubt it), but the MSN Stock Quote plug-in won't work in a 64-bit environment, unfortunately.

    I don't think so.  I've been using Excel 2003 64 bit for years and the add-in worked fine until June 19, 2013.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-23T13:05:28+00:00

    I had the same problem back in April, Got it working again, but like you it quite updating just the other day.  I get a few partial updates.  I have been using Google Chrome for the past 6 months and it was working fine, so I don't know if IE has anything to do with it.  I agree, why can't Microsoft fix their problems, or better yet maybe Google or Yahoo will come out with a better add-on.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-23T03:34:58+00:00

    Same problem. Excel 2010, Windows 7 64-bit.

    I too get partial updates ... some stocks update, others get #VALUE. When I try again later, still a partial update, but not always the same stocks getting the #VALUE response.

    I have not installed IE10, so that does not appear to be the trigger (for me). I did just recently install the June Windows Updates ... I wonder if one of those updates was the trigger?

    Anyone getting this problem and has NOT YET installed the June Windows Updates?

    Hard to understand how a company with resources like Microsoft's, and quarterly revenues over $20 billion, cannot/will not fix this add-on (or replace it with an equivalent).

    I don't think the moderators of this forum have the authority to fix this issue. We need to find a way to bring this to the attention of senior Microsoft management. Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-23T02:02:53+00:00

    I agree.  My MSN Stock Quotes now only does partial updates - two or three quotes in a list of 10 stocks and gives the #VALUE! error message for others.  It appears that either the upgrade to IE10 or a recent update to Windows 7 has triggered this problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments