MSN Money Stock Quotes Not Updating Quotes in Excel 2013

Anonymous
2013-02-24T03:14:27+00:00

I installed the MSN Money Stock Quotes add-in in Excel 2013 and it was working perfectly yesterday, but for some reason it has stopped updating quotes today.  The selection for "Update Quotes" from the add-in toolbar is not active.  However, the "Insert Stock Quotes" button is active and when I press it, I get the Stock Quotes dialog box.  It will insert the formula for the quotes in the spreadsheet, but it does not provide an up-to-date quote.  I would appreciate any help on this, as this add-in is a big time-saver for me.  I did notice that my software was automatically updated yesterday.  (I believe that it was a Windows update, but I am not 100% sure.)  I do not know whether this might have something to do with the change, since, as I said, the add-in was working yesteday.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-04-18T13:55:38+00:00

Did you ever get your MS Money to work?  I had the same problem just yesterday.  The "Update Quotes" tab wouldn't do anything, but the "Insert Stock Quotes" tab would.  I went ahead and re-inserted all the stock symbols by highlilighting my entire selection and everything updated and is working fine again.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-02T13:53:25+00:00

    Unfortunately, this fix did not work for me.  Most of the symbols still provide the #VALUE! error message and I am sure that the symbols for those stocks have not changed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-02T00:22:56+00:00

    I believe that a recent microsoft security update had caused my macro security settings to be changed not allowing the retrieval of data from msn money.  To correct the problem in excel 2010 I went to the developer tab, clicked on macro security, clicked on file block settings, unchecked all of the excel file types that had a check mark under the open title, closed out of excel and re-opened excel and either insert stock quotes or updated quotes and it works just fine.  I did however notice that some of the symbols had changed ex. S&P 500 index is now SPX.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-28T19:53:05+00:00

    OK, I THINK I MIGHT HAVE IT FIGURED OUT.  The program seems to only be able to handle about 50 lines of data.  After that it just enters zeros in each column.  To add an additional symbol, if you have less than 50, type in the symbol, highlight that cell and Refresh, and the data for that symbol will update.****

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments