Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-30T00:21:37+00:00

    yeah, but call me kinda ****, but with 27 years in the business and 26 technical certs ranging from multiple mcse's/mcne/cne/cisco ccdp/ccdp/sun certs/cissp etc, I've learned that you need to be exact in what you request when troubleshooting an issue. Especially if you aren't the one in front of the pc... you want to know exactly what they are doing, how they stepped thru the issue and by being detailed, you have the best results.  Sloppy instructions just leads to sloppy results which leads to more time spent troubleshooting the issue.  I prefer not to guess at what someone wants, tell me, in writing, and tell me exactly what you want.

    and ALL I've seen from microsoft is sloppy shoddy work in the support department so far. 

    with a big heaping dose of "I don't understand" english either written or spoken.

    I may have to hire an indian to smack them upside the head in their own language soon. 

    I find it interesting they are calling me with washington numbers and can't speak english to fight their way out of a paper bag.  If microsoft is doing toll bypass, you would think they would do it out of their local offices. Unless they really want me to believe these people work out of washington state.  Which the strong foreign accents really say, no we don't.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-26T01:40:57+00:00

    The workaround that works for me:  Open the image in Microsoft paint, then copy/paste from Paint to Visio. HTH.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-18T20:14:46+00:00

    Do you know if microsoft ever posted a fix for this? i am having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-19T18:38:45+00:00

    I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

    Please help. 

    Thank you.

    Any updates on this issue.  I am having the same problem.  I will try logging in with a different user account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-02-09T19:35:59+00:00

    I am having the same issue.... Anyone found a fix for this?  I can also log into an older user account on the machine and Visio works?  While this works it's very annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments