Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T14:25:42+00:00

    I have to say, one of the high points of the call was...

    "well the product works for me"

    really Microsoft? just flip me the bird, get a kazoo, lets have a grand old time, way to really make someone angry.. lets point out that, hey the product works for me and rub it in my face.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T16:46:10+00:00

    Microsoft... I've asked for a status 12 times today on this support request....

    please tell me you pay engineers who can answer/check their emails?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T19:04:51+00:00

    I have exactly the same problem. One day out of the blue, when I opened the document I was working on which had photos on it, it no longer displayed them. Instead it displays a rectangle with 2 diagonal lines from corner to corner forming an X (not a red X or anything like that).

    If I start a new blank document and try to insert a picture I get the message "Import of image failed: 'Chrysanthemum.jpg'" (in this case I used one of the sample JPeg pictures that come with Windows 7, but it happens with all formats) in a small dialog window.

    I however have a new development on this. I discovered that the problem is with the user account, and not with the installation of the software. That is, if I create a new Windows user, and try the same operation on a blank document, it works fine. To verify this, I uninstalled all Office products from my computer, and re-installed them, and my account still had the problem, but other accounts were fine.

    I have tried removing all AppData, temp files, or registry items related to Office, but have had no success so far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T19:59:25+00:00

    and it actually works.... just logged into another user account on my machine...

    not convenient, but it works.

    I also don't get the "configuring office apps/visio 2013" dialog box when I start the app.

    Sounds like the old microsoft, we can't clean the junk out of the registry is coming back to bite them.

    ya know, it's too bad people at Microsoft can't support their product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T20:28:41+00:00

    From a technical perspective knowing that this is related to a single user account, narrows the problem enormously, since now they know it must be a rouge setting somewhere in the profile or registry for that account, as opposed to a behavioral issue with the application.

    So ... we should expect a resolution some time next week right?

    All I need to know is how can I reset a profile to a factory state as it relates to Office/Visio? How do I remove every setting related to Office/Visio on that account, so that the next time I run Visio it behaves as if it was the first time that user has run Visio.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments