Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T13:02:32+00:00

    Are ya kidding? Use the clip tool and take a one inch square of your desktop, now paste it.

    It is not terribly complicated to recreate. And apparently Microsoft already knows about it.

    sp33dman, can you confirm that your machine is having the same issue loading the landmark shapes?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T14:03:10+00:00

    Yeah, I had not noticed that, I don't do much of that kind of diagramming, but when I load the landmark shapes  all I see are X'ed out boxes and that is what I get when I drag and drop onto a sheet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T14:13:30+00:00

    This has been an issue for over a year and a half and Microsoft has not provided any support for this.  I am sorry, but you could rewrite Visio in that time-frame, so what are you doing about this MICROSOFT?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T14:18:39+00:00

    114082111722961

    open ticket, what is the status Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T14:21:14+00:00

    Fair warning Microsoft, the next call is going to be recorded and posted online.

    yesterday I spent 1.5 hours on the phone with you #$% ...... I can't say anything that bad in public.... and all I got was a deeper understanding of Indian names than I wanted to know about.

    Don't you have anyone who A: speaks English without an accent B: knows your product C: can actually solve a problem?

    if your product doesn't work, then make me whole with a version that does... that is basic customer service.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments