Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-10T21:36:22+00:00

    After installing Visio 2013 and update, this was fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-27T11:37:52+00:00

    Have the same problem here.

    Visio professional 2013 64 bits.

    Any type or size of image. It just comes with Import of image failed.

    And if I try to paste from the clipboard, it says out of memory.

    Have tried to uninstall and install, all the updates are to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T16:08:28+00:00

    Hello,

    I have the same problem since many months when I update Visio 2010 to 2013.

    I have viso 2013 64 bits.

    I try to uninstall, repair, apply SP1, uninstall again, install directly with SP1 ... but nothing.

    When I open vsdx file (or vsd) I don't see the picture externaly to visio and when I try to import image I have an error message (cannot insert image file).

    Thank's if someone have an issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-13T17:22:24+00:00

    I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

    Please help. 

    Thank you.

    This is still an issue.  Does Microsoft have an answer?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-13T17:59:14+00:00

    No answer at all

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments