Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-03-10T16:08:28+00:00

    Hello,

    I have the same problem since many months when I update Visio 2010 to 2013.

    I have viso 2013 64 bits.

    I try to uninstall, repair, apply SP1, uninstall again, install directly with SP1 ... but nothing.

    When I open vsdx file (or vsd) I don't see the picture externaly to visio and when I try to import image I have an error message (cannot insert image file).

    Thank's if someone have an issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-02-27T11:37:52+00:00

    Have the same problem here.

    Visio professional 2013 64 bits.

    Any type or size of image. It just comes with Import of image failed.

    And if I try to paste from the clipboard, it says out of memory.

    Have tried to uninstall and install, all the updates are to date.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-01-10T21:36:22+00:00

    After installing Visio 2013 and update, this was fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-10T17:51:09+00:00

    Having the same Issue.  Using Insert or dragging and droping jpg, png and gif of any size does not import.  Any resolution.  Does this have to do with the new Trust center function?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-01-02T09:46:47+00:00

    I would like to know what is the size of the images you are trying to import.  Also it would be great if you could tell us the version (32 bit or 64 bit ) Visio you are using. You can get this info following the steps here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments