Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T14:13:30+00:00

    This has been an issue for over a year and a half and Microsoft has not provided any support for this.  I am sorry, but you could rewrite Visio in that time-frame, so what are you doing about this MICROSOFT?!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T14:03:10+00:00

    Yeah, I had not noticed that, I don't do much of that kind of diagramming, but when I load the landmark shapes  all I see are X'ed out boxes and that is what I get when I drag and drop onto a sheet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T13:02:32+00:00

    Are ya kidding? Use the clip tool and take a one inch square of your desktop, now paste it.

    It is not terribly complicated to recreate. And apparently Microsoft already knows about it.

    sp33dman, can you confirm that your machine is having the same issue loading the landmark shapes?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T12:52:59+00:00

    Even when I try to import Microsoft clip art, I get an "Out of Memory" error.  So try to import any clip art and that is the issue I am receiving.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T04:32:42+00:00

    It will help if you can share the file which is showcasing the issue on OneDrive or some other file share.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments