Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T02:04:12+00:00

    Same issue here.  Cant copy and paste or insert any image.

    Windows 7, Visio 2013 Pro.

    Edit: 

    To add, tried on my work PC, Windows 8 Visio 2013 Standard.  Same issue. 

    Edit again:

    Created a new user and it worked... I guess ill start digging in local and locallow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T20:48:46+00:00

    Isn't that the truth !

    they aren't really paying that much attention to my open ticket either.... we've gone thru quite an escalation process since yesterday.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T20:30:35+00:00

    RP2014, can you please relay this info to them on your open ticket? Otherwise it might be a while before they pay attention to this thread.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T20:28:41+00:00

    From a technical perspective knowing that this is related to a single user account, narrows the problem enormously, since now they know it must be a rouge setting somewhere in the profile or registry for that account, as opposed to a behavioral issue with the application.

    So ... we should expect a resolution some time next week right?

    All I need to know is how can I reset a profile to a factory state as it relates to Office/Visio? How do I remove every setting related to Office/Visio on that account, so that the next time I run Visio it behaves as if it was the first time that user has run Visio.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T19:59:25+00:00

    and it actually works.... just logged into another user account on my machine...

    not convenient, but it works.

    I also don't get the "configuring office apps/visio 2013" dialog box when I start the app.

    Sounds like the old microsoft, we can't clean the junk out of the registry is coming back to bite them.

    ya know, it's too bad people at Microsoft can't support their product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments