Problem importing image file in Visio 2013

Anonymous
2013-01-10T21:48:38+00:00

I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

Please help. 

Thank you.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Access | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-26T01:40:57+00:00

    The workaround that works for me:  Open the image in Microsoft paint, then copy/paste from Paint to Visio. HTH.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-08-18T11:40:39+00:00

    Hi,

    We had the problem with Visio 2013 SP1 (15.0.4569.1504) as well. When we installed update KB3114720 it upgraded Visio to version 15.0.4797.1000, and the problem was resolved. Hope this helps...

    Pieter

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-12-18T20:36:42+00:00

    I can not insert image file into Visio 2013 (INSERT > PICTURES > (any graphic formats .png, .jpg, etc). It gave me message state "Import of image file failed: '[name of the image file]'. 

    Please help. 

    Thank you.

    Has anyone found a solution to this issue? This feature is an absolute must for me and it is not working. I suppose I will have to revert back to using the older version of Visio until this major issue has been resolved. I find it unacceptable that the original problem for this was posted almost 1 year ago and there has still not been an answer given on how to fix it (especially from Microsoft).

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-01-01T20:18:53+00:00

    Has this issue been resolved?  I am experiencing the same problem.  When I try to insert a .jpg into Visio 2013, the bounding box generated is blank (no picture). 

    Additionally, I tried to copy and paste the image into Visio, but the Paste function was not available (greyed-out).

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-12-24T09:38:05+00:00

    Hi Bryan,

    Apologies for the late response. It would really be helpful if you can share the image file that you are trying to import.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Sanjay Bhat

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments