Excel 2013 is very slow in loading large workbooks, is there a way to open just the tab I want?

Anonymous
2013-01-21T18:28:33+00:00

Excel 2013 is extremely slow in opening my large workbook. Sometimes it won't respond at all and freezes my computer.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-05T20:34:06+00:00

    Hello everyone,

    I thought that I had posted the results, but it looks like I have not. We have looked at the source code on this and it is, unfortunately, the result of some security changes in protection, and quite by design. So there was nothing I could do to get a change. The development team is very conscientious about not reducing any security measures we have in place. You can see the known issues list for confirmation: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/office-2013-known-issues-HA102919019.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA102901439#_Excel_(release)

    Thanks,

    Anita

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-05T18:48:49+00:00

    Hello

    Is there any news about resolving this problem obviously caused when opening a Workbook where this Workbook and/or its Worksheets are protected via VBA code?

    When this Workbook and/or Worksheets are protected manually, i.e. without VBA Code but using the possibility inside the Excel Worksheet menu, I have noticed there's no problem opening the Workbook, which opens within a normal lenght of time.

    Best regards

    Jacques

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-12T18:49:21+00:00

    I've sent some private messages out to try to get some more information on this issue to collect some of these workbooks to better understand this issue. 

    Bill

    Please explain me what I have to do to send you my worbook also.

    I already explained that I have exactly the same problem when I put some code to protect my worksheets an my workbook in the Workbook_Open event of ThisWorkbook.

    After removing that code, the problem is gone and the workbook opens instantly.

    Best regards

    Jacques

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-12T18:30:34+00:00

    Hi Jacques,

    We are investigating, but it appears that the difference in protect performance in 2013 is due to some security measures the developers added in 2013.

    Regards,

    Anita

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-02-12T17:57:37+00:00

    Hi Everyone,

    I've sent some private messages out to try to get some more information on this issue to collect some of these workbooks to better understand this issue.

    Thanks for your information on this issue.

    Bill

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments