Label Controls Developer Tab

Anonymous
2012-03-21T15:55:50+00:00

Is there anything that might help me with label controls in Excel 2007 from the Developer Tab? You have Form and Active X Label controls. Where would it be in Excel 2007 Inside Out?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T18:06:18+00:00

    How come some of my controls are greyed out in Excel such as the 3 last Form Controls at the bottom including the drop down form control?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T18:18:17+00:00

    The same set of contols is shown when working with UserForms (VBA).  In Excel, for a textbox, just use a normal Text Box from Insert > Shapes....

    How did you get on making the ActiveX ListBox??

    [EDIT: Actually, after reading more of this post: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2007-excel/textbox-text-field-from-form-controls-not/ce9793b0-b4bf-415e-a8c3-a3963e0f5841 I think I may be wrong about that.  It appears to be a mystery why they are greyed-out.  Take a look at this page, might help you more: http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/Excel-controls-forms-toolbox.htm ]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T18:37:52+00:00

    Here was the link I found on the Office help with this issue which is the following:

    http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/why-are-form-related-commands-or-controls-on-the-ribbon-disabled-HA010238219.aspx?CTT=1

    Can I email you a copy of my form example? I followed the steps and may have done it not sure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T19:18:43+00:00

    Sorry, but you'll have to upload it to something like skydrive or dropbox and post a link to your file here...

    Does your listbox contain 5 names?

    When you click an entry in the listbox, does the name you clicked on appear in D2?

    If so, it's working!

    Cheers

    Rich

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T19:36:03+00:00

    Its yes to both questions but I don't feel it works. How do I upload a 2007 Excel file to Skydrive which I have?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments