Label Controls Developer Tab

Anonymous
2012-03-21T15:55:50+00:00

Is there anything that might help me with label controls in Excel 2007 from the Developer Tab? You have Form and Active X Label controls. Where would it be in Excel 2007 Inside Out?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T15:19:47+00:00

    I'm not following you on the Active X Control whatsoever. No it makes worse sense and is cluttered.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T16:48:20+00:00

    When you say cluttered, what do you mean?

    You do know this is a public forum and I, along with anyone else who answers (or tries to answer) your questions are just other members of the public trying to help their fellow man?

    If you want help from here, please help us to help you... :o)

    What don't you get?  Did you follow the steps in my last post?  What happened?

    Cheers

    Rich

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T17:06:52+00:00

    Cluttered meaning the ActiveX Control failed to work and the steps are not making sense in my mind and I'm frustrated. If I don't know how to develop a form in Excel I'm going to feel rather stupid.

    I just need to know enough about these controls to get the question right on the exam. The steps that you gave for ActiveX have not worked for me in Excel at all.

    The Office help does not help me in this area when I do a Bing search for controls.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T17:08:27+00:00

    How do I send my Excel workbook example on this thing?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-03-23T17:49:46+00:00

    Let's try one more time, follow these steps.  If you get stuck, post back saying on which step you get stuck on.

    1. In a fresh workbook, we'll set up a list of entries to appear in your control...

        Go to cell A1, enter "Fred"

        In A2 enter "Bill"

        In A3 enter "Bob"

        In A4 enter "Jane"

        In A5 enter "John".

    1. Click Developer tab > Control group > Insert > ActiveX Controls > List Box (ActivX Control)
    2. Draw it on your worksheet (or just click somewhere, say cell E10).
    3. With the new control still selected, click Developer tab > Control group > Properties button.  The Properties pane opens.
    4. Look about halfway down that window, type A1:A5 next to ListFillRange. 
    5. Type D2 next to LinkedCell.
    6. You'll notice the Design Mode button on the ribbon is pressed.  Click it to un-press it and exit design mode.  The control can now be used rather than edited.
    7. Click one of the entries in your listbox.   Notice now how when you click an option in the ActiveX ListBox, D2 (the linked cell) displays the value (text), not the position of the selection. 

    Cheers

    Rich

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments