Label Controls Developer Tab

Anonymous
2012-03-21T15:55:50+00:00

Is there anything that might help me with label controls in Excel 2007 from the Developer Tab? You have Form and Active X Label controls. Where would it be in Excel 2007 Inside Out?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T21:24:47+00:00

    So are you calling this a label control or merged cells? It also does not look like a text box. I would think to have a label in this area you would want it strictly to be a dynamic label to enter a name and then have a text box inserted right on top of the label.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T21:03:49+00:00

    As it says in cell B21 in red text... "Cells D6:F6 are merged to form a psudo textbox where text can be entered by the user."  It's just cells!  Could have been a single cell, but I merged several cells to make a wider one.  Read back through this post... this should sound familiar to you!  ;o)

    Are you happy with all this now?

    Cheers

    Rich

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T20:47:30+00:00

    On the Front End sheet what is that first control you added? I cannot tell if its a Label Form Control next to Please enter your name here: I don't get the Form control Properties.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T17:33:35+00:00

    I think you've got it.  All appears to work ok in your example.

    I suspect you may be struggling to see how this could be made to work in the real world.

    Here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=4ee98ee7acf32e0f&resid=4EE98EE7ACF32E0F!111&parid=4EE98EE7ACF32E0F!105&authkey=!AL72o6uPL2Kcpbg is an example for you.

    Hope it helps.

    Cheers

    Rich

    {Note, just like with your example file, you will have to download it to be able to see the controls.  Click the link then click download at the top.  Save the file to you pc then open in excel.]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-03-24T02:37:27+00:00

    I did the Share and the Get Link from my Skydrive. Is it coming up on your end?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments