WD2013 : Won't allow tables to break across pages

Anonymous
2013-02-23T00:36:16+00:00

I am an intermediate level user of word but seem to be getting stuck on this item with WD2013.  Routinely when I create or paste in tables, WD2013 will not allow the tables to break across pages.  I have done the usual table properties checks (allow break) and paragraph checks (keep with next) but no luck.  I am admittedly only a few weeks old with WD2013, so I'm hoping it is just another setting I'm missing in the new format.

**email address**

Any help is appreciated.

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-05-07T11:45:45+00:00

    Thanks mate, it did solve the problem!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-05-11T11:15:31+00:00

    So how does one figure if the tables are being corrupted?   When you seem them behave strangely?   I have lots of tables that have been migrated from earlier verisons of Word?  Do I need to adjust them and see how they break before I know?  I don't have the manpower to be able to recreate all the tables from earlier versions.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-27T04:37:53+00:00

    And

    Go to: table properties / Tab: Table 

    Go to: Positioning

    Uncheck: Move with text

    Check: Allow Overlap

    Afterwards everything will be as you expected. Table allows to break through lines after this step.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-27T15:31:03+00:00

    In Table Properties | Table tab, the Positioning button is greyed out in my Word 2013. I tried selecting the whole table first, and that made no difference.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-05-27T16:27:55+00:00

    Is "Text wrapping" set to "Around" on the Table tab of Table Properties?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments