WD2013 : Won't allow tables to break across pages

Anonymous
2013-02-23T00:36:16+00:00

I am an intermediate level user of word but seem to be getting stuck on this item with WD2013.  Routinely when I create or paste in tables, WD2013 will not allow the tables to break across pages.  I have done the usual table properties checks (allow break) and paragraph checks (keep with next) but no luck.  I am admittedly only a few weeks old with WD2013, so I'm hoping it is just another setting I'm missing in the new format.

**email address**

Any help is appreciated.

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-04-28T17:53:24+00:00

    I would be interested in seeing a document in which you are experiencing this problem. Send a sample to ssbarnhill at gmail dot com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-04-28T22:23:06+00:00

    If in the Table Properties dialog, the table is set to have the Text wrapped around it, the header row will NOT repeat.  You need to set the Text wrapping to None if you want the table to continue from one page to the next with the header row(s) repeating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T12:22:40+00:00

    I would be interested in seeing a document in which you are experiencing this problem. Send a sample to ssbarnhill at gmail dot com.

    Thank you for your kind assistance.

    The solution is that the table in question is CORRUPTED.

    Please I cannot more emphatically recommend that you and your fellow MVP's remember this and help other people know that if they move tables from earlier versions of Word into Word 2013 they might run into this problem.

    When I create the table from scratchin 2013 there is no sign of this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T12:24:00+00:00

    If in the Table Properties dialog, the table is set to have the Text wrapped around it, the header row will NOT repeat.  You need to set the Text wrapping to None if you want the table to continue from one page to the next with the header row(s) repeating.

    Thank you for your kind assistance Doug.

    The solution is that the table in question is CORRUPTED.

    Please I cannot more emphatically recommend that you and your fellow MVP's remember this and help other people know that if they move tables from earlier versions of Word into Word 2013 they might run into this problem. 

    When I create the table from scratchin 2013 there is no sign of this issue.

    For what it's worth I have been writing professional documents with Word for 15 + years and I have NEVER seen this problem until Word 2013.

    God bless you

    John

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2015-04-29T12:36:26+00:00

    Thank you ALL for your kind assistance.

    The solution is that the table in question is CORRUPTED.

    Please I cannot more emphatically recommend that you and your fellow MVP's remember this and help other people know that if they move tables from earlier versions of Word into Word 2013 they might run into this problem.

    When I create the table from scratchin 2013 there is no sign of this issue.

    POST SCRIPT

    Now that I have created the tables from scratch a lot of other weird issues have gone away as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments