WD2013 : Won't allow tables to break across pages

Anonymous
2013-02-23T00:36:16+00:00

I am an intermediate level user of word but seem to be getting stuck on this item with WD2013.  Routinely when I create or paste in tables, WD2013 will not allow the tables to break across pages.  I have done the usual table properties checks (allow break) and paragraph checks (keep with next) but no luck.  I am admittedly only a few weeks old with WD2013, so I'm hoping it is just another setting I'm missing in the new format.

**email address**

Any help is appreciated.

***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Doug Robbins - MVP - Office Apps and Services 323.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-04-28T22:23:06+00:00

    If in the Table Properties dialog, the table is set to have the Text wrapped around it, the header row will NOT repeat.  You need to set the Text wrapping to None if you want the table to continue from one page to the next with the header row(s) repeating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-04-28T17:53:24+00:00

    I would be interested in seeing a document in which you are experiencing this problem. Send a sample to ssbarnhill at gmail dot com.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-28T17:38:27+00:00

    I am an intermediate level user of word but seem to be getting stuck on this item with WD2013.  Routinely when I create or paste in tables, WD2013 will not allow the tables to break across pages.  I have done the usual table properties checks (allow break) and paragraph checks (keep with next) but no luck.  I am admittedly only a few weeks old with WD2013, so I'm hoping it is just another setting I'm missing in the new format.

    *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

    Any help is appreciated.

    Hey folks this problem is not resolved and the various ideas presented thus far do not fix the issue.  In some cases it might work momentarily but the work-around is untrustworthy and the problem is pervasive.

    What can we do to use the product when we are a professional that MUST use tables that flow across multiple pages with the first row repeated?

    I have had to see about downgrading the product (WD2013) on another system so I can remain productive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-03-11T05:36:30+00:00

    I had the same problem and tried all the fixes listed on this page. In the end the solution that worked for me (but seemed slightly counter-intuitive) was the opposite of what Doug Robbins posted.

    Go to: Table Properties > Table Tab > Text wrapping then choose 'Around' instead of 'None' and seems to fix this issue for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    70+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2015-03-06T23:08:00+00:00

    Is the table heading (outside the table) formatted as "Keep with next"? Make sure that the header row of the table is also formatted as KWN. If the table will all fit on the same page as the heading, you can also format the rows as KWN--all except the last, which should not be formatted this way.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments