A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Select the table
Go to Paragraph setting/ Tab: Lines and Page Breaks
Check : Keep with next + Keep lines together
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am an intermediate level user of word but seem to be getting stuck on this item with WD2013. Routinely when I create or paste in tables, WD2013 will not allow the tables to break across pages. I have done the usual table properties checks (allow break) and paragraph checks (keep with next) but no luck. I am admittedly only a few weeks old with WD2013, so I'm hoping it is just another setting I'm missing in the new format.
**email address**
Any help is appreciated.
***Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy.***
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Select the table
Go to Paragraph setting/ Tab: Lines and Page Breaks
Check : Keep with next + Keep lines together
I had this problem. Took a while to figure it out through trial and error. This is what worked for me.
If you have "Repeat as header" checked, then the table won't break.
This may be a bug, but once I did that, the tables broke across pages as they should. No header repeat though.
It's non-intuitive, but it worked for me.
I had the same problem and tried all the fixes listed on this page. In the end the solution that worked for me (but seemed slightly counter-intuitive) was the opposite of what Doug Robbins posted.
Go to: Table Properties > Table Tab > Text wrapping then choose 'Around' instead of 'None' and seems to fix this issue for me.
Check that the Text wrapping property of the table is set to None
I had this problem. Many of the above comments could have applied to me, but it turned out to be a new one: in the "Row" tab of the "table Properties" window there is an option "Specify height." If a height is specified that is too tall to fit on the page, no amount of other fiddling will work. I simply turned off the specify height option for every row (the provided "previous row" and "next row" buttons make it easy). But another user may have reason to keep some or all of the height specifiying, and could instead just adjust the "specify height" number for the offending row, if that is feasible for the use in question.