How to import multiple xml file into excel

Anonymous
2012-09-13T00:07:12+00:00

I have a lot of xml files which need to be imported into single excel file. I can able to import one by one but cannot select all at a time to import.

Is it possible to do through batch process or any other process?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

66 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-04-19T23:29:24+00:00

    Hello! Thanks for the code above it's got me further than 3 days of research on other forums!

    I am new to excel and don't have coding experience but I've managed to get your code above to run. I was wondering if there was a way to export only specific aspects of the XML file into a map I have already created? The code above when I run it brings in everything.

    Thanks!

    Angus

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-01-21T22:42:10+00:00

    You are a life saver!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-02-18T07:27:40+00:00

    Works perfectly!

    Thank you for your help

    Hi - The message with the 'works perfectly' code has been deleted - could you please post it again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-03-13T13:51:35+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks for this kind of Post, I have a similar kind of scenario where I need to convert multiple xml's into single excel worksheet, only difference is each cell of my excel is an xml content, and its becoming challenging for me to convert each cell of excel xml to excel like data.

    Whereas the code above briefs about separate xml multiple files in a folder, In my case each cell of excel is an xml file, like that I have more than 25000.xml's, Hope the problem i could explain it.

    E.g. Sample Sheet

    Col A        Col B

    1          Record1.xml

    2          Record2.xml

    3          Record3.xml

    •                -
    •                -
    •                -

    25000   Record25000.xml

    Required in below format

    Col A        Col B

     1             Record 1

     2             Record 2

     3             Record 3

    -

    -

    -

    25000      Record 25000

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments